Watch Sports Online

Sean Avery Suspended by NHL for Making Crude Remark

National Hockey League (NHL) commissioner Gary Bettman suspended indefinitely hockey player Sean Avery for for using a crude term about his former girlfriends now dating other hockey players.

The incident happened during a morning skate in Calgary, Alberta while reporters are waiting to speak with Avery about disparaging remarks he made last month about Flames star Jarome Iginla. Avery walked over to the group and asked if there was a camera present. When confirmed, he said, “I’m just going to say one thing.”

Sean Avery“I’m really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my (former girlfriends). I don’t know what that’s about, but enjoy the game tonight.”

Avery’s ex-girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert is dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf and she had been romantically linked to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens. Avery also dated Rachel Hunter who is now the girlfriend of Los Angeles Kings center Jarrett Stoll.

Sourced via Yahoo Sports