The 2008 Women's British Open Championship is held at Sunningdale Golf Club in Berkshire, England. It started from July 31-August 3, 2008
The results and official list of winners will be posted here as soon as the game is over on Sunday. For now, here are some of last year's winners and highlights of Women's British Open.
1. Top 15 players from the 2007 Championship: Lorena Ochoa (champion), Maria Hjorth, Jee Young Lee, Reilly Rankin, Se Ri Pak, Eun-Hee Ji, Miki Saiki, Paula Creamer, Linda Wessburg, Catriona Matthew, Inbee Park, Mhairi McKay, Yuri Fudoh, Na On Min, Brittany Lincicome
2. Top 10 players from the Ladies European Tour as specified by the Rolex Rankings: Helen Alfredsson, Minea Blomqvist, Laura Davies, Louise Friberg, Sophie Gustafson, Suzann Pettersen, Bo Bae Song, Annika Sorenstam, Lindsey Wright
3. Top 30 players from the LPGA Tour as specified by the Rolex Rankings: Shi Hyun Ahn, Nicole Castrale, Na Yeon Choi, Laura Diaz, Natalie Gulbis, Hee-Won Han, Juli Inkster, Jeong Jang, Cristie Kerr, Christina Kim, In-Kyung Kim, Mi-Hyun Kim, Brittany Lang, Seon Hwa Lee, Ai Miyazato, Angela Park, Stacy Prammanasudh, Morgan Pressel, Angela Stanford, Sherri Steinhauer, Yani Tseng, Momoko Ueda, Karrie Webb
4. Top 25 players in the 2008 Ladies European Tour Order of Merit who have not been specified yet: Maria Boden, Stacy Bregman, Becky Brewerton, Anne-Lise Caudal, Martina Eberl, Nikki Garrett, Lisa Hall, Felicity Johnson, Ludivine Kreutz, Diana Luna, Paula Marti, Joanne Mills, Gwladys Nocera, Marta Prito, Melissa Reid, Marianne Skarpnord, Lisa Holm Sorensen, Louise Stahle, Maria Verchenova, Johanna Westerburg, Amy Yang, Emma Zackrisson, Veronica Zorzi
5. Top 40 players from the 2008 LPGA Tour Money List not already specified: Kyeong Bae, Irene Cho, H.J. Choi, Diane D'Alessio, Allison Fouch, Sandra Gal, Russy Gulyanamitta, Johanna Head, Rachel Hetherington, Katherine Hull, Karine Icher, Soo-Yun Kang, Young Kim, Carin Koch, Kelli Kuehne, Candie Kung, Meena Lee, Leta Lindley, Teresa Lu, Meg Mallon, Jill McGill, Kristy McPherson, Janice Moodie, Becky Morgan, Ji Young Oh, Hee Young Park, Jane Park, Alena Sharp, Karin Sjodin, Kris Tamulis, Wendy Ward, Sun Young Yoo, Heather Young
6. Top 5 players from the Japan LPGA Tour in 2008: Yukari Baba, Ji-Hee Lee, Eun-A Lim, Sakura Yokomine
7. Winners of LPGA and Ladies European Tour tournaments in 2008 who have not been specified yet: Trish Johnson
8. Winners of the 2007 LPGA, Korean LPGA Tour, Japan LPGA Tour, and Ladies European Tour money lists who have not been specified yet: Ji Yai Shin
9. Past ten winners of the Women's British Open: None not already specified.
10. Past five winners of the U.S. Women's Open: None not already specified.
11. Past five winners of the Kraft Nabisco Championship: Grace Park
12. Past five winners of the LPGA Championship: None not already specified.
13. Winner of the JapanLPGA Tour Ricoh Cup: None not already specified.
14. Top 5 finishers from the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic who are not otherwise exempt: Moira Dunn, Shanshan Feng, Katie Futcher, Paige Mackenzie, Gloria Park
15. The 2008 Ladies British Amateur champ, the 2007 U.S. Women's Amateur champ, the 2007 European Ladies Amateur champ (if all have not turned pro before championship): Caroline Hedwall (a), Anna Nordqvist (a), Maria José Uribe (a)
By the way, watch out for the 2008 Beijing Olympics Updates which will be on this August 8 to 24 this year ;0
The 2008 Women's British Open Championship is held at Sunningdale Golf Club in Berkshire, England. It started from July 31-August 3, 2008
The University of the Philippines College Admission Test (UPCAT) will be held on August 2 and August 3, 2008 (Saturday and Sunday) wherein around 70,000 students will take the exam. Do you want to pass the test and be officially admitted at the university? If so, here are some tips that may help you pass the 2009 UPCAT:
1. Review or scan your lessons. Be ready before the examination.
2. Think positive and relax. Always think that you can do it. Be optimistic.
3. Take a full breakfast on exam day. Having an empty stomach makes you out of focus.
4. Go to the restroom before the exam starts.
5. Bring a watch so that you can budget your time for the exam.
6. Read and follow instructions carefully.
7. Answer first the easy questions and skip the difficult ones. Get back to them later if you still have time.
8. Make intelligent guesses for questions you really are unsure about the answer.
9. Use the extra time to review your answers.
10. Pray and hope for the best. Good luck!!!
1. Never create a kodigo.
2. Not doing the Do's stated above.
The PSP3 2.42 update is now available for download. You can now grab your own copy, however, before doing some installation, you may want to wait until tomorrow morning or later to see any problem that may occur with the recent release - for security purposes.
By the way, the Playstation 3 2.42 update improves the playback quality of some PSP 3 and PlayStation format software. It also appears that the new update is another stability or security update.
More details about the update later.
The 2008 Summer Olympics or popularly known as Beijing Olympics will be held from August 8 to 24, 2008 in Beijing People's Republic of China. Over 10,500 athletes are expected to compete in about 302 events among 28 sports or games.
The Olympic slogan is One World, One Dream which calls upon the world to unite in the Olympic spirit. Below are the sports to be played during the Olympic games in alphabetical oder. The number of events in each sport is indicated in parentheses.
- Diving (8)
- Swimming (34)
- Synchronized swimming (2)
- Water polo (2)
Field hockey (2)
Football / Soccer (2)
Modern Pentathlon (2)
Table Tennis (4)
Stay tuned for more updates as the event is fast approaching. For now, you can also ready the updates on the 2008 Beijing Olympics Medal Tally.
MIGUEL COTTO VS. ANTONIO MARGARITO: July 26 on HBO PPV. Also, payperview telecast, beginning at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT, has a suggested retail price of $49.95, not free.
Who will be announced a winner? Read the basic information about our fighters below and decide for yourself ;0
Cotto (32-0, 26 KOs) is a two-division world champion from Caguas, Puerto Rico. He won the WBO junior welterweight championship in September 2004, knocking out undefeated contender Kelson Pinto for the vacant title. He successfully defended the belt six times during his two-year reign, before vacating it to challenge undefeated contender Carlos Quintana. He stopped him in the fifth round to capture the WBA welterweight crown in December 2006. Cotto has successfully defended it four times, going the distance only once.
Cotto Fight Highlights:
Meanwhile, Margarito (36-5, 26 KOs) is a two-time welterweight champion from Tijuana, Mexico. He knocked out Antonio Diaz in the 10th round to capture the vacant WBO title in March 2002. He successfully defended it seven times during his five-year reign before losing it to Paul Williams in July 2007 via a close 12-round decision. He captured the IBF title in his most recent fight on April 12, knocking out defending champion Kermit Cintron in the sixth round.
Another brawl for today. During a minor league baseball game game between the Peoria Chiefs and Dayton Dragons, a a massive 10-minute brawl broke out after a series of ugly plays and delayed games.
A Peoria player hit by a pitch their the team's pitcher Julio Castillo proceeded to hit a Dayton player in the head, followed by hitting another batter and slide into second by a Dayton player, and another near head shot by Castillo.
The brawl resulted in 15 player ejections, 3 coach ejections, a fan going to the hospital, and one arrest.
Ohio Baseball Brawl Video:
You will not believe it. Another brawl inside the The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Read below for the full story.
The Sparks-Shock brawl is a fight occurred during the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) game between the Detroit Shock and Los Angeles Sparks on July 21, 2008.
With less than a minute before the game was officially over, the fighting began after Plenette Pierson made a hard block out after a free throw on Candace Parker. Parker threw a punch at Pierson before being tackled by Deanna Nolan.
Players and coaches from both teams joined in, and Rick Mahorn knocked Lisa Leslie to the court at one point. Pierson, Parker, Milton-Jones, and Mahorn were all ejected. It also resulted in a season and possibly career ending anterior cruciate ligament injury to Cheryl Ford, who was trying to restrain her teammate. This is the second brawl to occur at the Palace, the other being the infamous Pacers-Pistons brawl. - Wikipedia.com
Sparks-Shock Brawl Video:
The Senior Open Championship or mostly known as The Senior Open and sometimes Senior British Open for the year 2008 tournament will be held at Royal Toon Golf, Scotland. No specific date or the prize have been announced yet.
The said event is a professional golf tournament focusing men aged 50 and above. The prize for each winners are both from the Champions Tour and European Seniors Tour. Last year, Tom Watson of United States won a total of £1 million. Wow!!!
For more updates about the British Open 2008, feel free to subscribe our mailing service so we will deliver the results and information about the event.
Fifteen more days to go before the most anticipated 2008 Beijing Olympics or Summer Olympic will begin. A lot of preparations are still on the way like the venue, medals, committee, athletes, games, ceremonies, broadcasting, and a lot more.
Speaking of medals, I am sure a lot of Olympics followers are excited about the medal tally count for the 2008 Olympics Games.
For the updates about the Summer Olympic Medal Tally for your country like Australia, China, United States, etc check them on the upper sidebar of this page. Also, feel free to subscriber our RSS email feed for more live results.
- John Coates predicts Australia will drop back in the medal count and overall position at the Beijing Olympics.
- The AOC is confident Australia's team can grab a top-five spot in the final medal tally.
- Jamie Dwyer will lead the Kookaburras' defence of their gold medal at the Beijing Olympics.
- For the Olympic track-and-field team, long jumper Bronwyn Thompson hopes to win a medal after coming fourth in Athens.
- Champion fencer Jo Halls will launch her first Olympic gold medal bid in eight years.
Watch out for more updates soon ;0
WWE already shot this week's edition of SmackDown held at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The show will be aired on Friday, July 25, 2008.
Dark Match: Ron Killings defeated Shamus O'Shaunessy with an axe kick!!!
WWE SmackDown Results, Spoilers and Highlights:
- The show opens with highlights from last week's wedding and the Great American Bash pay-per-view (PPV).
- The MVP Lounge begins the show with Jeff Hardy as his guest and the latter received a massive explosion.
- To determine the number one contender for Triple H's WWE Championship at WWE SummerSlam, a battle royal is announced. Jeff Hardy, Big Show, MVP, Umaga, The Great Khali and Mr. Kennedy are confirmed for the battle royal.
- MVP starts talking about Jeff Hardy's suspension, losing the Intercontiental Championship, his house burning down and dog dying. MVP said Hardy is ruining his career with his behavior thus he should act more professional and be responsible. Hardy pushed MVP down to the ground, which ends the segment.
- US Champion Shelton Benjamin defeated Jimmy Wang Yang.
- Edge, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder are backstage.
- Festus defeated Curt Hawkins. Zack Ryder came into the ring and started attacking Festus with Curt Hawkins, right after the match.
- Vladimir Kozlov defeated Stevie Richards. Kozlov said something to Jim Ross and Mick Foley that nobody could not hear.
- The Great Khali defeated Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Big Show, and Umaga to win the battle royal.
- A Ron Killings promo airs and he'll be coming to SmackDown soon.
- Michelle McCool defeated Maryse getting her to tap in her leg submission.
- Vickie arrives at SmackDown with Chavo Guerrero wheeling her in.
- Maria will be debuting on SmackDown next week.
- Brian Kendrick defeated Shannon Moore.
- Edge's public apology to Vickie. He said that no matter what he gets thrown into, he still loves Vickie Guerrero.
-Triple H and Edge in a Philadelphia Street Fight to retain the WWE Championship.
Manny Pacquiao is currently the WBC Lightweight Champion, WBC Super Featherweight Champion, and the Ring Magazine number 1 pound for pound boxer in the world. He was also the former IBF Super Bantamweight Champion and WBC Flyweight Champion.
After the June 28 fight with Diaz, the next big question is Who Will Be Manny Pacquiao’s Next Opponent? Here's a list of possible opponents of Pacquiao:
- Edwin Valero, currently WBA Super Featherweight Champion and has the biggest chance of being the next opponent of Pacquiao.
- Ricky “Hitman” Hatton: As declared, Freddie Roach, Pacman's trainer, wants him to be the next Pacquiao's opponent. Hmmmn, might be.
- Nate Campbell, WBA, WBO and IBF Lightweight Champion and since the only title missing is the one currently on Pacman’s waist, there's a possibility they will face in the ring.
- Joel “El Cepillo” Casamayor will fight Juan Manuel Marquez on September. If ever he wins, again, there's a possibility he'll be the opponent.
Pacquiao defeated several Mexican boxers namely Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, and recently David Diaz. No doubt, he is dubbed as the "Republica Enemy No. 1". So who's name will be included in the list?
WWE Great American Bash 2008 aired on Sunday, July 20, 2008 (Live video on Pay-Per-View PPV) held at The Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Long Island, N.Y. Some websites like Sopcast aired the show via live streaming.
Great American Bash Results:
WWE Tag Team Championship - Fatal Four Way Match
John Morrison & The Miz (c's) vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder vs. Jesse & Festus
Winners & NEW WWE Tag Team Champions: Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder
WWE United States Championship Match
Matt Hardy (c) vs. Shelton Benjamin
Winner & NEW WWE United States Champion: Shelton Benjamin
ECW Championship Match
Mark Henry (c) w/ Tony Atlas vs. Tommy Dreamer w/ Colin Delaney
Winner & STILL ECW Champion: Mark Henry
WWE Divas Championship Match
Michelle McCool vs. Natalya
Winner & NEW WWE Divas Champion: Michelle McCool
World Heavyweight Championship Match
CM Punk (c) vs. Batista
Match Result: Double Disqualification (as announced by Lilian Garcia)
Winner & STILL World Heavyweight Champion: CM Punk
"New York City Parking Lot Brawl" Match
John Cena vs. JBL
WWE Championship: Triple H vs. Edge.
Winner and STILL WWE Champion - Triple H
Kudos to Justin Timberlake who did great at hosting the 2008 ESPY’s Awards. Here are some of the highlights of last night's show:
- Justin smells David Beckham’s foot ;0
- Michael Strahan and The Giants win Espy for Best Upset!
- Zac Efron presents the Best Breakthrough Athlete Award with Sophia Bush and Kristen Bell ;0
- Lupe Fiasco introduction then Ashanti and Greg Kinnear presents award to Tiger Woods.
Here's the complete list of the 2008 ESPY Awards winners:
- Best comeback: Josh Hamilton, Texas Rangers
- Arthur Ashe Courage Award: John Carlos and Tommie Smith, 1968 Olympic medalists
- Jimmy V Award for Perseverance: Kevin Everett, former Buffalo Bills TE
Best in Sport
- Best Male Athlete: Tiger Woods, Golf
- Best Female Athlete: Candace Parker, Tennessee Basketball/Los Angeles Sparks
- Best Moment: “Great Sportsmanship” (Central Washington University’s Mallory Holtman and Liz Wallace, Western Oregon University’s Sara Tucholsky)
- Best Team: Boston Celtics
- Best Coach/Manager: Pat Summitt, Tennessee Women’s Basketball
- Best Game: New York Giants over New England Patriots at the Super Bowl
- Best Championship Performance: Tiger Woods, 2008 U.S. Open
- Best Finish: Western Kentucky over Drake in the first round of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, winning on a buzzer beater by Ty Rogers
- Best Play: New York Giants Eli Manning’s pass to David Tyree at the Super Bowl
- Best Upset: New York Giants over New England Patriots at the Super Bowl
- Best Breakthrough Athlete: Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
- Best Record Breaking Performance: Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers
- Best Sports Movie: Semi-Pro
- Best Male College Athlete: Tim Tebow, Florida Football
- Best Female College Athlete: Candace Parker, Tennessee Basketball
- Best Male Athlete With a Disability: Ryan Kocer, Wrestling (Wagner, SD)
- Best Female Athlete With a Disability: Shay Oberg, Softball (Montana State-Billings)
- Best International Male Athlete: Rafael Nadal, Tennis
- Best International Female Athlete: Lorena Ochoa, Golf
- Best Baseball Player: Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees
- Best NBA Player: Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
- Best WNBA Player: Lauren Jackson, Seattle Storm
- Best NFL Player: Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- Best NHL Player: Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Best Driver: Jimmie Johnson
- Best MLS Player: David Beckham, Los Angeles Galaxy
- Best Male Action Sport Athlete: Shaun White, Skateboarding/Snowboarding
- Best Male Tennis Player: Roger Federer
- Best Bowler: Norm Duke
- Best Fighter: Floyd Mayweather, Boxing
- Best Golfer: Tiger Woods
- Best Female Tennis Player: Maria Sharapova
- Best Female Action Sport Athlete: Gretchen Bleiler, Snowboarding
- Best Jockey: Kent Desormeaux
- Best Outdoor Athlete: Captain Scott Smiley, Mountain Climber
- Best Track and Field Athlete: Tyson Gay
Former UFC champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has been arrested for the second time this week and now hospitalized for a mental health evaluation, according to TMZ and some report news. Rampage crashed his Ford F-250 into multiple cars on Highway 55 and avoiding being pulled over by authorities.
Here's a report from ESPN:“Officers spoke to him to evaluate whether he was a danger to himself or others. He was detained and was taken to an area hospital for mental evaluation,” Handfield said.
However, cops won't officially confirm if it's a psychiatric hold.
British Open 2008 held at Royal Birkdale in Southport, England will have more than 40 hours of TV coverage. TNT will be airing the game on Thursday and Friday, while ABC during the weekend.
Broadcast Team: Mike Tirico will anchor the show while Paul Azinger - U.S. Ryder Cup captain - and Tom Watson - five-time British Open champion - will serve as Game Analysts.
Peter Alliss and Terry Gannon will be hole announcers; and Andy North, Judy Rankin and Bill Kratzert will be the on-course reporters. Tom Rinaldi will coduct essays and interviews while ESPN’s Rick Reilly will provide commentary.
Below is the complete 2008 British Open TV Schedule (US Eastern Time):
Thursday, July 17:
7 AM to 7 PM on TNT
Friday, July 18:
7 AM to 7 PM on TNT
Saturday, July 19:
7 AM to 9 AM on TNT
9 AM to End of play on ABC
Sunday, July 20:
6 AM to 8 AM on TNT
8 AM to End of play on ABC
Who won Home Run Derby 2008? It's Justin Morneau, after beating Josh Hamilton. Though, I think people will remember more Hamilton after he hit a record-setting 28 home runs in a single round!!!
To sum it up, Morneau ended up with the title but Hamilton ended up with the record and a majority of the publicity.
Congratulations!!! See you next year ;0
The 2008 Miss Universe pageant is only a matter of hours to wait. I am so excited to find out the winners - the Top 10, Top 5, and Top 3. Who's your bet? I am so awake waiting for the Miss Universe 2008 results.
I am sure a lot of people around the world are looking for different ways to watch Miss Universe 2008 online. I am currently looking for sites to watch the pageant in the Internet in high quality. So far, I found Miss Universe 2008 Live Streaming Online Free Video Feed in some way useful.
In case you know an alternative, feel free to leave a message. I really appreciate it!!! Thanks ;0
The 2008 NBA Summer League begins on July 11 to 20. You can watch the 53 NBA Summer League games live webcast via NBA website, however you must be an All-Access member when you register.
Here's the complete Las Vegas NBA Summer League 2008 Broadcast Schedules (EST Time):
Friday, July 11
4:00 PM: Golden State Warriors vs Philadelphia 76ers
6:00 PM: Memphis Grizzlies vs New Orleans Hornets
8:00 PM: Detroit Pistons vs LA Lakers
10:00 PM: LA Clippers vs Dallas Mavericks
Saturday, July 12
4:00 PM: Sacramento Kings vs Toronto Raptors
6:00 PM: LA Clippers vs Charlotte Bobcats
8:00 PM: Denver Nuggets vs Philadelphia 76ers
10:00 PM: Milwaukee Bucks vs Memphis Grizzlies
Sunday, July 13
4:00 PM: New Orleans Hornets vs Charlotte Bobcats
6:00 PM: Golden State Warriors vs Dallas Mavericks
8:00 PM: LA Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies
10:00 PM: LA Clippers vs Detroit Pistons
Monday, July 14
4:00 PM: Cleveland Cavaliers vs New York Knicks
6:00 PM: Denver Nuggets vs Toronto Raptors
8:00 PM: Portland Trail Blazers vs Washington Wizards
8:30 PM: Houston Rockets vs Phoenix Suns
10:00 PM: Minnesota Timberwolves vs Dallas Mavericks
10:30 PM: Memphis Grizzlies vs San Antonio Spurs
Tuesday, July 15
6:00 PM: Milwaukee Bucks vs Detroit Pistons
8:00 PM: LA Lakers vs Philadelphia 76ers
8:30 PM: New Orleans Hornets vs San Antonio Spurs
10:00 PM: Portland Trail Blazers vs Sacramento Kings
10:30 PM: Golden State Warriors vs Charlotte Bobcats
Wednesday, July 16
4:00 PM: New York Knicks vs San Antonio Spurs
6:00 PM: Dallas Mavericks vs Sacramento Kings
8:00 PM: Washington Wizards vs Philadelphia 76ers
8:30 PM: LA Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves
10:00 PM: LA Clippers vs Memphis Grizzlies
10:30 PM: Houston Rockets vs Cleveland Cavaliers
Thursday, July 17
4:00 PM: Detroit Pistons vs Dallas Mavericks
6:00 PM: LA Clippers vs New Orleans Hornets
8:00 PM: Philadelphia 76ers vs Toronto Raptors
8:30 PM: Phoenix Suns vs San Antonio Spurs
10:00 PM: Minnesota Timberwolves vs Portland Trail Blazers
10:30 PM: Milwaukee Bucks vs Denver Nuggets
Friday, July 18
4:00 PM: New York Knicks vs Phoenix Suns
6:00 PM: Detroit Pistons vs Charlotte Bobcats
8:00 PM: Washington Wizards vs Cleveland Cavaliers
8:30 PM: Toronto Raptors vs LA Lakers
10:00 PM: Golden State Warriors vs Sacramento Kings
10:30 PM: Denver Nuggets vs Houston Rockets
Saturday, July 19
4:00 PM: Charlotte Bobcats vs New York Knicks
6:00 PM: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State
6:30 PM: Denver Nuggets vs LA Lakers
8:00 PM: Houston Rockets vs Washington Wizards
8:30 PM: Milwaukee Bucks vs Minnesota Timberwolves
10:00 PM: Phoenix Suns vs Portland Trail Blazers
10:30 PM: Cleveland Cavaliers vs New Orleans Hornets
Sunday, July 20
4:00 PM: New York Knicks vs Minnesota Timberwolves
6:00 PM: Washington Wizards vs Phoenix Suns
6:30 PM: Cleveland Cavaliers vs Milwaukee Bucks
8:00 PM: New Orleans Hornets vs Portland Trail Blazers
8:30 PM: Houston Rockets vs Sacramento Kings
If you are using ZoneAlarm and installed MS Windows update kb951748, kb890830, kb951978, kb955020, kb951698, or kb950582, possibly you lose your Internet connection. There is a possibility that the update made changes to the networking files that ZoneAlarm does not recognize.
To workaround this problem, you can do any of the following: (Do these steps at your own discretion)
- Set ZA Internet security settings to Medium.
- Uninstall KB951748 and leave the ZA Internet settings on High.
- Initialize the ZA database and let the ZA firewall reconfigure itself from scratch.
- Uninstall/reinstall ZoneAlarm.
*** This post will be updated once better fixes will be available.
The Gormagon, or Gormogon, from Bones TV series is a cannibalistic serial killer and believed to be a mythical monster who kills and eats its victims.
Beginning with the season 3 premiere titled "The Widow's Son in the Windshield", the Jeffersonian team has been investigating a cannibalistic serial killer they call The Gormogon, for his obsession with secret societies and his targeting of the Knights of Columbus.
The origin of the word may be as a variant of "gormagon", which was defined in The 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue as "A monster with six eyes, three mouths, four arms, eight legs, five on one side and three on the other, three arses, two tarses, and a cunt upon its back; a man on horseback, with a woman behind him."
The 2008 Home Run Derby contest played by Major League Baseball All-Star Game will happen on Monday, July 14, 2008 8:00 PM at Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York. The said event is the contest among the top home run hitters in Major League Baseball to name who can hit the most home runs!!!
Watch your favorite American Leaguers and National Leaguers in the 2008 MLB All-Star Home Run Derby!!! Catch the exciting action of all the 2008 All-Star events such as the Fanfest, All-Star Sunday and MLB All-Star Game!!!
Buy your tickets now and see you there!!!
Will the world end in December 21, 2012? Is it true? End of time. The apocalypse. End of the world. The end of Mayan Long Count. The end of Kali Yuga. What will happen on 21.12.2012? What does this date truly indicate?
According to a site I recently visited, "It indicates the end of the present order and it is NOT negotiable. 21.12.2012 is an appointment with destiny. It is an apocalypse and ascension. It is the end of the world, as we know it - nothing more and nothing less."
I even saw a Youtube video clip about Dec 21, 2012 end of the world. It has more than 2 million hits so I am sure a lot of people are watching it. Watch it and leave your comment if you want to ;0 What's your opinion?
Watch 4th of July Fireworks: As a celebration to US Independence Day, several festivities on July 4 will be enjoyed by the Americans which include watching fireworks live online, on TV, or live at the venue. Macy's Fireworks Spectacular is among the most watched fireworks display during this day.
Wanna watch the 4th of July fireworks online?
Yes, you can watch 4th of July fireworks online live. Even if you are not from the United States, you can watch fireworks live on the internet for free. How, you might ask. Just check these websites, for more information on where to watch streaming videos of fireworks. I will try to find other sites, so I will update this post later. Enjoy!!!
If you missed watching the July 4th events and fireworks held at Oval personally, the 2008 Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular will be broadcasted locally on WBZ-TV at 8:00 PM and for national airing, it will be at 10:00PM via CBS Network.
The show is approximately two and a half hours, with a two hour concert and a half hour firework display.
Here are some images of the Boston Pops Fireworks!!!
Good news to all race fanatics!!! The 6th annual Hammerhead Olympic Distance Triathlon (HOT) registration is now open. You can register free at their website. Also, specific race details will be posted at their official site once the competition date gets closer. The said event will be held at Camp Blanding Military Reservation.
If you plan to join the olympic triathlon, register as early as now because there will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION. You can get registerted at Active.com. Cut off will be on Friday, however, you can come out on Saturday between 2 PM and 6 PM to register and pick up your packet at the same time.
The price of the Apple iPod Third Generation (3rd Gen) dropped dramatically now ranging from $149.00 - $209.99 from 21 Sellers. Wow!!! Isn't this good news for today's 4th of July Independence celebration.
With this gadget, aside from you get 5 hours of video playback, 24 hours of music playback and a A 2” 320×240 LCD screen 65% brighter than previous models, you also can enjoy the following features and specifications:
- Cover Flow, browse your music by album artwork
- Cased in anodized aluminum and polished stainless steel.
- 6.5mm thin, 2.75×2.06×0.26 inches, weighs 49.2 grams
- 8GB storage capacity
- 2-inch (diagonal) color LCD with LED backlight
- Dock connector, stereo minijack
- USB through dock connector; component and composite video through dock connector (with AV cables or kit, sold separately); audio through headphone jack
- About 3 hours charge time
- Audio Support
- Photo Support
- Video Support
What are you waiting for? Buy your Apple iPod 3rd Gen 8GB Now!!!
The Fourth of July is the federal holiday in celebration of the United States Independence Day. The said event is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, picnics, baseball games, and other public and private social events.
Firework shows are held in many states, and many fireworks are sold for personal use or as an alternative to a public show. Some of the most awaited fireworks display from different states are the: Milwaukee fireworks, Worcester fireworks, Chicago fireworks, Danvers fireworks, Portsmouth NH fireworks, Haverhill fireworks, Addison fireworks, Navy pier fireworks, Middletown CT fireworks, Devens fireworks, TNT fireworks, Michigan fireworks, Palatine fireworks, Chicago fireworks, Walpole fireworks, East longmeadow fireworks, West haven fireworks, Methuen fireworks, Boston fireworks, Macys fireworks, and more.
Happy 4th of July, America!!!
If you updated your Mozilla Firefox to their latest version on July 2, you probably receive a redirect error js.worthathousandwords.com when you try to open your Yahoo email account. It is a known browser issue - not a problem with Yahoo. Obviously, it is primarily caused by the Mozilla update because it does not happen on Internet Explorer.
To resolve this error, go to Mozilla site. Go to "Add-ons" section and download Adblock Plus. Once downloaded, click on Tools on the menu bar, click on Adblock Plus, add the address js.worthathousandwords.com, and click OK.
Everything will work well after this...
The American Film Institute (AFI) lists the top 100 quotes from U.S. movies with film title and year of release:
1. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" - Gone With the Wind 1939.
2. "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse" - The Godfather 1972.
3. "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." - On the Waterfront 1954.
4. "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore" - The Wizard of Oz 1939.
5. "Here's looking at you, kid" - Casablanca 1942.
6. "Go ahead, make my day" - Sudden Impact 1983.
7. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up" - Sunset Blvd. 1950.
8. "May the Force be with you" - Star Wars 1977.
9. "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night" - All About Eve 1950.
10. "You talking to me?" - Taxi Driver 1976.
11. "What we've got here is failure to communicate" - Cool Hand Luke 1967.
12. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" - Apocalypse Now 1979.
13. "Love means never having to say you're sorry" - Love Story 1970.
14. "The stuff that dreams are made of" - The Maltese Falcon 1941.
15. "E.T. phone home" - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial 1982.
16. "They call me Mister Tibbs!" - In the Heat of the Night 1967.
17. "Rosebud" - Citizen Kane 1941.
18. "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" - White Heat 1949.
19. "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" - Network 1976.
20. "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" - Casablanca 1942.
21. "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti" - The Silence of the Lambs 1991.
22. "Bond. James Bond" - Dr. No 1962.
23. "There's no place like home" - The Wizard of Oz 1939.
24. "I am big! It's the pictures that got small" - Sunset Blvd. 1950.
25. "Show me the money!" - Jerry Maguire 1996.
26. "Why don't you come up sometime and see me?" - She Done Him Wrong 1933.
27. "I'm walking here! I'm walking here!" - Midnight Cowboy 1969.
28. "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By"' - Casablanca 1942.
29. "You can't handle the truth!" - A Few Good Men 1992.
30. "I want to be alone" - Grand Hotel 1932.
31. "After all, tomorrow is another day!" - Gone With the Wind 1939.
32. "Round up the usual suspects" - Casablanca 1942.
33. "I'll have what she's having" - When Harry Met Sally... 1989.
34. "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow" - To Have and Have Not 1944.
35. "You're gonna need a bigger boat" - Jaws 1975.
36. "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!" - The Treasure of the Sierra Madre 1948.
37. "I'll be back" - The Terminator 1984.
38. "Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth" - The Pride of the Yankees 1942.
39. "If you build it, he will come" - Field of Dreams 1989.
40. "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get" - Forrest Gump 1994.
41. "We rob banks" - Bonnie and Clyde 1967.
42. "Plastics" - The Graduate 1967.
43. "We'll always have Paris" - Casablanca 1942.
44. "I see dead people" - The Sixth Sense 1999.
45. "Stella! Hey, Stella!" - A Streetcar Named Desire 1951.
46. "Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars" - Now, Voyager 1942.
47. "Shane. Shane. Come back!" - Shane 1953.
48. "Well, nobody's perfect" - Some Like It Hot 1959.
49. "It's alive! It's alive!" - Frankenstein 1931.
50. "Houston, we have a problem"- Apollo 13 1995.
51. "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"- Dirty Harry 1971.
52. "You had me at 'Hello'" - Jerry Maguire 1996.
53. "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know" -Animal Crackers 1930.
54. "There's no crying in baseball!" - A League of Their Own 1992.
55. "La-dee-da, la-dee-da" - Annie Hall 1977.
56. "A boy's best friend is his mother" - Psycho 1960.
57. "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good" - Wall Street 1987.
58. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" - The Godfather Part II 1974.
59. "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again" - Gone With the Wind 1939.
60. "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" - Sons of the Desert 1933.
61. "Say 'hello' to my little friend!" - Scarface 1983.
62. "What a dump" Beyond the Forest 1949.
63. "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?" -The Graduate 1967.
64. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" - Dr. Strangelove 1964.
65. "Elementary, my dear Watson" - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes 1929.
66. "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape" - Planet of the Apes 1968.
67. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine" - Casablanca 1942.
68. "Here's Johnny!" - The Shining 1980.
69. "They're here!" Poltergeist 1982.
70. "Is it safe?" - Marathon Man1976.
71. "Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet!" - The Jazz Singer 1927.
72. "No wire hangers, ever!" - Mommie Dearest 1981.
73. "Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?" - Little Caesar 1930.
74. "Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown" - Chinatown 1974.
75. "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers" - A Streetcar Named Desire 1951.
76. "Hasta la vista, baby" - Terminator 2: Judgment Day 1991.
77. "Soylent Green is people!"- Soylent Green 1973.
78. "Open the pod bay doors, HAL" -2001: A Space Odyssey 1968.
79. Striker: "Surely you can't be serious." Rumack: "I am serious ... and don't call me Shirley," -Airplane! 1980.
80. "Yo, Adrian!" - Rocky 1976.
81. "Hello, gorgeous" - Funny Girl 1968.
82. "Toga! Toga!" - National Lampoon's Animal House 1978.
83. "Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make" - Dracula 1931.
84. "Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast" - King Kong 1933.
85. "My precious" - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 2002.
86. "Attica! Attica!" -Dog Day Afternoon 1975.
87. "Sawyer, you're going out a youngster, but you've got to come back a star!" -42nd Street 1933.
88. "Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna go, go, go!" - On Golden Pond 1981.
89. "Tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper" - Knute Rockne, All American 1940.
90. "A martini. Shaken, not stirred" - Goldfinger 1964.
91. "Who's on first" - The Naughty Nineties 1945.
92. "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac ... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" -Caddyshack 1980.
93. "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame 1958.
94. "I feel the need -- the need for speed!" - Top Gun 1986.
95. "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary" -Dead Poets Society 1989.
96. "Snap out of it!" - Moonstruck 1987.
97. "My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you" -Yankee Doodle Dandy 1942.
98. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" -Dirty Dancing 1987.
99. "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!" -The Wizard of Oz 1939.
100. "I'm king of the world!" - Titanic 1997.
A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila Finale: Kristy Morgan won the said reality TV dating show. The two share a similar background in a way that both of them were Playboy models.
In case you are wondering Tila Tequila's real name, it's Thien Thanh Thi Nguyen. Tila Nguyen got her nickname "Tequila" after having an allergic reaction to alcohol in middle school.
During the first season, Bobby Barnhart won her heart and this year, a woman is the winner.
That's it. Now that the winner has been announced, let's all cheer up ;0
Who won Hells kitchen 2008? Rock wins the Hell's Kitchen USA. During the final episode (finale), finalists Rock and Bonnie are asked to set up their dream restaurants. In the end, Rock was announced as the winner!!!
The price? Among the fifteen contestants, the winner Rock was promised the title of senior sous chef at Ramsay's London West Hollywood restaurant in Los Angeles. Wow!!!
The final episode however was scheduled to air on July 8, so watch out!!!