Watch Sports Online

Micah Grimes Unapologetic of 100-0 Win - Fired!

Micah Grimes, the coach of a Texas high school basketball team that beat another team 100-0 was fired by the school on Sunday, the same day he sent an e-mail to a newspaper saying he will not apologize for the notion.

Grimes made it clear in the e-mail to the newspaper that he does not agree with his school's assessment thus wrote:

"In response to the statement posted on The Covenant School Web site, I do not agree with the apology or the notion that the Covenant School girls basketball team should feel embarrassed or ashamed. We played the game as it was meant to be played. My values and my beliefs would not allow me to run up the score on any opponent, and it will not allow me to apologize for a wide-margin victory when my girls played with honor and integrity."