Watch Sports Online

Oscar De La Hoya Next Fight? Or Will He Retire?

After Manny Pacquiao defeated Golden Boy Oscar De La Hoya on December 6 last year, many have assumed De La Hoya will be retiring soon. However, there is a recent report in ESPN.com stating he will announce his boxing future on Tuesday.

Will he fight again or will he retire?

According to the report, De La Hoya insisted he has firmly made up his mind about his future. Yet boxing’s most popular fighter is still thinking about both courses of action, with compelling arguments both for retiring and for staying in the ring.

“My decision is solely based on how I feel, not on how (business partner) Richard (Schaefer) feels, and not on how my wife feels,” De La Hoya said. “I’ve had input from tons of people. Obviously I’m going to pay more attention to people who are closest to me, but I literally was a “‘Enjoy your family.’ That was my No. 1 response from most people.”

What do you think?